NEBOSH Award in Health & Safety at Work
[ 3 DAYS ]
This qualification is establishing itself as a perfect introduction to health and safety in the workplace.
The NEBOSH Award in Health and Safety at Work is an introductory qualification designed to improve the health and safety culture of organisations by equipping the workforce and others to be able to identify and deal with hazards at work, helping them to reduce accidents/incidents and achieve costs saving.
The NEBOSH Health and Safety at Work Award is based on international standards and is aimed at anyone who needs to understand the principles of health and safety as part of their job. No previous health and safety knowledge is required, therefore the Award is suitable for all individuals who wish to have a basic knowledge of health and safety.
The NEBOSH Health and Safety at Work Award covers the principles of health and safety, the identification and management of related risk and the practical application of this knowledge. This is reflected in the two units that comprise the qualification:
Unit HSW1 – Workplace safety foundations
- The foundations of health and safety
- The responsibility for health and safety
- Health and safety risk assessment and control
- Hazards and controls associated with work equipment
- Transport safety
- Hazards and controls associated with electricity
- Fire safety
- Hazards and controls associated with manual handling and repetitive movement
- Hazards and controls associated with hazardous substances
- Hazards and controls associated with the working environment
Unit HSW2 – Workplace risk assessment
- A workplace-based risk assessment activity that covers the application of understanding related to the HSW1 unit.
- Multiple-choice Exam
- Workplace Risk Assessment
Delegates will receive a copy of the course book designed by NEBOSH which matches the syllabus. Each chapter is supported by sample questions and activities and to further support delivery of the course, a handout is provided for additional notes and directed study exercises.
Cosaint Training / On Site
This course is CITB approved for grant aid to registered companies
Tea, coffee, refreshments & lunch provided