NEBOSH National Certificate in
Construction Health & Safety
The NEBOSH National Certificate in Construction Health and Safety is established as a leading health and safety award for the construction industry. With over 12,000 successful candidates since 1989, this qualification is valued by employers all over the world, and will help to boost your career prospects in this high-risk industry. Many larger construction organisations choose the NEBOSH National Construction Certificate as a key part of their supervisory or management development programmes and by ensuring that line managers have a sound understanding of the principles of risk management, they build an effective safety culture in the company.
The syllabus covers the main legal requirements relating to health and safety in UK construction work, identification and control of construction workplace hazards, and the practical application of this knowledge. It is mapped to the National Occupational Standards for Health and Safety owned by Proskills and is supported by Construction Skills.
Candidates will gain a comprehensive understanding of both individual and organisational health and safety responsibilities and although no previous health and safety knowledge is required, it is advisable that you understand the basic practical aspects of the construction industry
The qualification is divided into three units, each of which is assessed separately:
Unit NGC1: Management of health & safety
- Foundations in health and safety
- Health and safety management systems – Plan
- Health and safety management systems – Do
- Health and safety management systems – Check
- Health and safety management systems – Act.
Unit NCC1: Managing and controlling hazards in construction activities
- Element 1: Construction law and management
- Element 2: Construction site – hazards and risk control
- Element 3: Vehicle and plant movement – hazards and risk control
- Element 4: Muscoskeletal hazards and risk control
- Element 5: Work equipment – hazards and risk control
- Element 6: Electrical safety
- Element 7: Fire safety
- Element 8: Chemical and biological health – hazards and risk control
- Element 9: Physical and psychological health – hazards and risk control
- Element 10: Working at height – hazards and risk control
- Element 11: Excavation work and confined spaces – hazards and risk control
- Element 12: Demolition and deconstruction – hazards and risk control
Unit NCC2: Construction health and safety practical application
- NGC1 and NCC1 are each assessed by written examination and the NCC2 by practical assessment in the workplace
After completing this course, delegates will be eligible for Technician Membership of the The Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH), as well as associate membership of the International Institute of Risk and Safety Management (IIRSM).
Cosaint Training / On Site
NEBOSH Construction Certificate
This course is CITB approved for grant aid to registered companies
Starts 3rd September 2019
Tea, coffee, refreshments & lunch provided