This course has been designed to provide learners with a thorough introduction to the roles and responsibilities of a successful Facilities Manager.
Facilities Management covers a wide range of topics – from ensuring health and safety compliance though to improving sustainability and managing space efficiency – and it’s important that you have an understanding of each. This course outlines the main responsibilities of a Facilities Manager and provides learners with the information, tips and tricks required to carry out the role effectively.
This course is best suited for managers and supervisors who are new to the role of Facilities Manager or who have little technical background. The course is also ideal for learners who wish to gain a better understanding of what facilities management involves, for those who wish to re-enforce their existing knowledge and for people who simply want to explore what’s required by the role.
The course is written at an introductory level and so no pre-requisite knowledge or training is required.
By the end of this course, learners will:
- Understand the responsibilities and duties of an effective Facilities Manager.
- Know what needs to be considered when managing the day-to-day services used by a business.
- Understand what is meant by space management and know how to ensure that the workplace is being used efficiently and safely.
- Know what should be considered in order for the workplace to comply with health and safety legislation.
- Understand the significance of environmental responsibility and sustainability and how these can be applied to the business.
- Understand how to manage and control people, including staff and contractors.
Understand the importance of cost management, including budgeting, reducing costs and negotiating expenditure
Candidates will be asked 25 multiple choice questions with a pass mark of 80%.