NEBOSH National General Certificate
in Occupational Health & Safety
[ 11 DAYS ]
The National General Certificate is the most widely held health and safety qualification in the UK with over 175,000 people having gained the award since it was launched in 1989. Offering Managers, supervisors and staff from all types of organisations a broad understanding of health and safety issues, the certificate provides an excellent platform to build knowledge and skills and take your career forward.
It is the most requested health & safety qualification by employers because holders have demonstrated the theoretical knowledge and practical skill set required to ensure a safe working environment.
The NEBOSH Certificate covers the key legal requirements for health and safety in the UK and the identification and control of workplace hazards. No previous health and safety knowledge is required.
- Foundations in health and safety
- Health and safety management systems – Plan
- Health and safety management systems – Do
- Health and safety management systems – Check
- Health and safety management systems – Act.
- Workplace hazards and risk control
- Transport hazards and risk control
- Musculoskeletal hazards and risk control
- Work equipment hazards and risk control
- Electrical safety
- Fire safety
- Chemical and biological health hazards and risk control
- Physical and psychological health hazards and control.
Practical Assessment – carried out in the workplace
CERTIFICATION & ASSESSMENT
Candidates will be assessed in written examinations for NGC1 & GC2, and GC3 is assessed with a practical application carried out in their workplace.
Further qualification recognition
This qualification meets academic requirements for Technical Membership of IOSH (TechIOSH) and Associate Membership of the International Institute of Risk and Safety Management. (AIIRSM)
plus Practical Assessment & Exams
Cosaint Training / On Site
This course is CITB approved for grant aid to registered companies
Starts 3rd September 2019
Tea, coffee, light refreshments & lunch provided