HABC Level 2 Award in
Safe Moving & Handling (RQF)
[ FULL DAY ]
Manual handling is where you use your own body to lift, move or support a load, and if it is carried out incorrectly or repetitively then you can be exposed to injury.
This Level 2 Award in Safe Moving & Handling is intended as an introduction to moving and handling activities for those starting work, returning to work or who need specific training in manual handling, as well as being a suitable qualification for refresher training.
People gaining this qualification will understand that moving and handling must be carried out correctly and will recognise its importance in ensuring a safer working environment
- The Health and Safety at Work Act and Regulations
- Accident rates and injury types
- The personal effect of injuries
- The responsibilities of the employee and the responsibilities of the employer
- Anatomy of the spine
- Assessing Risk
- The basic principles of manual handling in a day-to-day working environment
- Accessories and aids to lifting and moving
- Practical session: good lifting posture and lifting strategy
Part one: Multiple choice question paper Testing learners’ knowledge on the subject assessed by a 30-minute 15-question multiple-choice examination. Successful learners must achieve at least 10 out of 15 to pass this element of the qualification.
Part two: Competency-based assessment. A competency-based assessment is carried out by the nominated tutor. Learners must practically demonstrate the application of the correct techniques as indicated within the learning outcomes of the unit. Learners can either achieve a pass or fail.