HABC Level 2 Award in
Safe Moving & Handling (RQF)
[ FULL DAY ]
Manual handling is where you use your own body to lift, move, or support a load, and if it is carried out incorrectly or repetitively then you can be exposed to injury.
This Level 2 Award in Safe Moving & Handling is intended as an introduction to moving and handling activities for those starting work, returning to work, or who need specific training in manual handling, as well as being a suitable qualification for refresher training.
People gaining this qualification will understand that moving and handling must be carried out correctly and will recognise its importance in ensuring a safer working environment.
- The Health and Safety at Work Act and Regulations
- Accident rates and injury types
- The personal effect of injuries
- The responsibilities of the employee and the responsibilities of the employer
- Anatomy of the spine
- Assessing risk
- The basic principles of manual handling in a day-to-day working environment
- Accessories and aids to lifting and moving
- Practical session: good lifting posture and lifting strategy
Part one: A 30-minute 15-question multiple-choice question paper testing learners’ knowledge on the subject. Successful learners must achieve at least 10 out of 15 to pass this element of the qualification.
Part two: A competency-based assessment is carried out by the tutor. Learners must practically demonstrate the application of the correct manual handling techniques. Learners can either achieve a pass or fail.