Manual Handling Awareness Training
[ HALF DAY ]
Manual handling is where you use your own body to lift, move, or support a load, and if it is carried out incorrectly or repetitively then you can be exposed to injury.
This Safe Manual Handling Awareness course is intended as an introduction to moving and handling activities for those starting work, returning to work, or who need specific training in manual handling, as well as being a suitable qualification for refresher training.
People gaining this qualification will understand that moving and handling must be carried out correctly, and will recognise its importance in ensuring a safer working environment.
- The Health and Safety at Work (NI) Order and Regulations
- Accident rates and injury types
- The personal effect of injuries
- The responsibilities of the employee and the responsibilities of the employer
- Anatomy of the spine
- Assessing risk
- The basic principles of manual handling in a day-to-day working environment
- Accessories and aids to lifting and moving
- Practical session: good lifting posture and lifting strategy
Assessment is through individual and group exercises and an end-of-course multiple-choice test.
Cosaint Training / On Site
Each trainee will receive a certificate of attendance on completion. This course is CITB approved for grant aid to levy payers.
Tea, coffee & refreshments provided.
Contact us for upcoming course dates.