Fire Warden Training
[ HALF DAY ]
This course has been designed for anyone who will be taking on the role of Fire Warden in their workplace. It will familiarise them with what their specific duties are for upholding fire safety and for ensuring evacuation procedures are effective. It will also provide them with information about: the basic principles of fire, how to combat a fire, identifying risks and addressing them, fire safety arrangements that should be in place, the requirements for fire plans, and their involvement as a Fire Warden in emergency evacuation procedures.
The course is divided into 5 modules:
- Introduction to Fire Warden Training – why fire safety is important, the law, employer and employee duties, how to prepare for the role.
- Understanding Fire – the fire triangle, fire classes, and the types of fire extinguisher.
- Fire Risk Assessment – what is a risk assessment? identifying hazards, deciding who might be harmed, evaluating risks, recording and implementing findings and reviewing and updating the assessment.
- Fire Safety Arrangements – the fire plan, fire detection and warning systems, emergency routes and exits, fire safety signs, emergency lighting, and Personal Emergency Evacuation Plans.
- Evacuation Procedures – evacuation strategies, your role during evacuations, and carrying out fire drills.
Assessment is through individual and group exercises and an end-of-course multiple-choice test.
‘I thoroughly enjoyed the training and found it very interesting and informative. I thought the delivery was
excellent and the speed was spot on. I liked the video examples and the recap at end of each section. It
certainly kept my attention and I would certainly recommend‘. J Hunter, The Progressive
Cosaint Training / On-Site
Each trainee will receive a certificate of attendance on completion. This course is CITB approved for grant aid to levy payers.
Tea, coffee & refreshments provided.
Contact us for upcoming course dates.