This one day training course for Safety Representatives provides participants with an understanding of the role of the Safety Representative and Safety Committees. It is suitable for new and existing Trade Union Reps/Representatives of Employee Safety Safety, Safety Committee members, and is particularly popular with public sector workers. It will give participants a sound understanding of the role and benefits of well-run safety committees, and well-trained and properly motivated Safety Representatives will make a positive contribution to an organisation’s safety culture. The course will also help employers to fulfil their legal requirements with regards to employee consultation.
Although the course does not require any preparation, it would be useful for delegates to be familiar with their company’s Health and Safety Policy and safety committee arrangements, where applicable.
- Functions of Employee/Safety Representatives and Safety Committees
- Sources of law
- Consultation and involvement of employees
- Functions of employee/safety representative and safety committees
- Understanding hazards and risks
- Accident reporting and investigation
- Monitoring safety performance
On completion of this course delegates will understand:
- The role and function of safety/employee representatives
- The main legal requirements for health and safety, and employers’ requirement to consult
- The role and function of a safety committee
- The processes of accident investigation and workplace inspection