Introduction to Incident Investigation
[ 1 DAY ]
Workplace incidents do happen and their costs can be substantial. Conducting thorough investigations can identify the causes of accidents, incidents, and near misses and can help to prevent them from reoccurring within the workplace. Productive workplace incident investigations identify the causal factors and make recommendations for corrective action by determining what happened, how it happened, and why it happened.
NEBOSH and the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) have jointly developed a new one day qualification aimed at line managers, supervisors, union and safety representatives, and anyone with the responsibility for investigating incidents in the workplace. It will give course participants a broad understanding of the investigation process, as well as looking at the benefits of accident prevention, and putting the emphasis on practical training exercises and real-life case studies. The course also contains techniques that can be integrated into a company’s procedures, which will consequently contribute towards making accident investigation more organized and consistent.
The one day course covers the following topics:
- Moral, legal and financial arguments for investigations.
- Human and organisational factors that can contribute to an incident.
- The process for investigating incidents.
- Positive interview strategies and the barriers to successful interviews.
Training is assessed on the day by a one-hour evidence based action plan activity.
Attending the course will enable you to:
- Independently investigate simple incidents.
- Gather evidence including conducting witness interviews.
- Produce an action plan to prevent a recurrence of an incident.
- Contribute to team investigations for large scale incidents.
- Positively impact the safety culture in your organisation.
Cosaint Training / On Site
24th June 2019
5th August 2019
This course is CITB approved for grant aid to registered companies.
Tea, coffee, refreshments & lunch provided