Overhead Gantry Crane Training assists in the prevention of accidents, as well as prolonging the working life of the equipment, by minimising operator misuse. Training will also help companies comply with their obligations under relevant regulations.
The training will allow the operative to be able to use the overhead gantry crane and pendant in a safe and controlled way. It will instruct them in the proper practice and understanding of the laws that govern the crane and lifting industry.
- Health & Safety at Work Regulations.
- Lifting gear regulations.
- Lifting gear pre-use inspections.
- Load handling.
- Stacking and de-stacking.
- Correct slinging.
- Handling methods.
- Capacities and effects of sling angles.
- Weight assessment and capacities.
By the end of the course the delegates will be able to:
- Operate the crane safely in accordance with accepted codes of practice.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the ‘safe working with overhead cranes’.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the controls of the particular model used during training.
- Demonstrate knowledge the proper use of lifting tackle.
- Estimate the weight of loads.
- Use appropriate communications.
This training will be held on client’s premises, where a suitable classroom is also required. Equipment for practical exercises must meet industry standard and be certified as fit for use.