Ladder Safety Training
[ HALF DAY ]
This Ladder Safety Training has been designed as an introductory level course to aid learners in developing their awareness of how to use ladders and stepladders safely and competently. Many different job roles and industries require the use of ladders yet, if not used correctly, they can present many health and safety risks to the user. Ensuring that you are appropriately trained in ladder safety means that you are able to work at height with confidence, knowing that you are following best practice and doing all that you can to protect yourself and others from harm.
The course is divided into 5 modules:
Introduction to Ladder Safety
- why ladder training is important and who is at risk, notable statistics and employer and employee responsibilities.
- the Work at Height Regulations 2005, risk assessments, the Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998, access equipment and RIDDOR.
- the key steps of a risk assessment, common ladder hazards, deciding who may be harmed, understanding who can use a ladder, evaluating the risks, learning when a ladder is appropriate, selecting a ladder, recording risk assessment findings and reviewing the assessment.
Using a Ladder Safely
- ladder classifications, parts of a ladder, pre-use visual and formal inspections, maintenance and repairs, safe handling and storage techniques, securing a ladder, ladder extensions, safe ascending and descending, carrying items and PPE.
Using Stepladders Safely
- learning when a stepladder is appropriate, the parts of a stepladder, pre-use inspection and assembly, carrying a stepladder, stepladder maintenance and do’s and don’ts.
Assessment is through individual and group exercises and an end-of-course multiple-choice test.
Cosaint Training / On Site
Candidates will receive a Certificate of attendance valid for 3 years
Tea, coffee & light refreshments provided