Confined Space Awareness
[ ONE DAY ]
Every year, several people are killed or seriously injured due to working in confined spaces, often because they are: unaware of the dangers, are poorly trained, or do not have the correct safety equipment.
This Confined Spaces Awareness course has been designed as an introduction to the topic, so that learners can understand more about safe working practices and feel more confident about carrying out their job with care. The course covers all aspects of working in confined spaces, including: information on the relevant legislation, details on how to carry out a risk assessment, and an awareness of the importance of having effective and appropriate control measures and emergency procedures in place.
A confined space is any area that is substantially enclosed, and where there are risks to health and safety from hazardous substances or hazardous conditions. If you, or your employees, are required to work under such conditions then regular training is recommended.
Please Note – the Confined Space Awareness course is not suitable for any persons who may have to enter a confined space.
- An awareness of the legislation applying to Confined Spaces working.
- Principles of Confined Space risks/hazards.
- Principles of Confined Space identification and classification.
- The importance of personal hygiene to prevent cross contamination.
- The importance of personal hygiene when working with confined spaces, biological agents and diseases.
- The Health and Safety responsibilities of a manager/employer.
- The importance of reporting accidents, ill health, and other incidents.
Assessment is through individual and group exercises and an end-of-course multiple-choice test.
Each trainee will receive a certificate of attendance on completion. This course is CITB approved for grant aid to levy payers.
Tea, coffee, refreshments & lunch provided.
Contact us for upcoming course dates.