Working in Confined Spaces – Refresher
[ 1 DAY ]
The aim of this Working in Confined Spaces Refresher course is to refresh the knowledge and skills of those persons who have previously attended the two day ‘Working in a Confined Space – New Entrant’ course within the last three years, and who now require re-certification.
Accidents in confined spaces are responsible for a number of fatalities every year in the workplace. Under legislation, duty holders are responsible for ensuring that all work carried out in a Confined Space meets the requirements of the Regulations. The employer is responsible for ensuring that a Safe System of Work is used if entry to a confined space cannot be avoided, and all persons involved in working in a confined space must be competent and trained to do so, and properly supervised. This includes carrying out suitable working in confined spaces refresher training, as required.
- Definition of a confined space and Water UK NC1-NC4 classifications.
- Specified risks.
- Duties under the Regulations, preventing the need for entry.
- Risk assessment and hazard identification.
- Atmospheric hazards and gases.
- Principles and use of gas detectors.
- Safe systems of work & permits to work.
- Roles, responsibilities and top-man duties.
- Pre-use checks, correct donning and adjustment of harness.
- Inspection and applications of tripods, winches, and fall arrest equipment.
- Inspection and use of personal escape breathing apparatus.
- Practical exercises.
Assessment is through individual and group exercises and an end-of-course multiple-choice test.
On successful completion of this course delegates will receive a Cosaint certificate, valid for 3 years.
Each trainee will receive a certificate of attendance on completion. This course is CITB approved for grant aid to levy payers.
Tea, coffee, refreshments & lunch provided.
Contact us for upcoming course dates.