Harness Inspection Training
[ HALF DAY ]
This programme is designed for those individuals who are required to carry out statutory inspection of harness, fall protection, fall arrest and access equipment. Delegates will be trained in the correct inspection regime and methods of inspecting safety harness and associated equipment across differing environments for working at height, as an in a company appointed person.
The aim of the course is to provide candidates with the necessary knowledge and understanding in relation to the legal requirements for statutory inspection of equipment and the procedure for carrying out a practical inspection, fault finding and identification and completion of associated documentation.
- Personal Protective Equipment at Work Regulations
- Imposed testing and certification
- CE Marking – European Standards
- Relevant European Standards for Products, Harness, lanyard, absorbers, anchorage devices
- Harness deterioration research
- Inspection periods
- Competent Person
- Statement of Obsolescence
- Inspection procedure & fault finding (webbing, stitching, metal components connectors, adjusters)
- Suspension and Trauma
Assessment is through individual and group exercises and an end-of-course multiple-choice test.
This course is CITB approved for grant aid to levy payers and each trainee will receive a certificate of attendance on completion.
Cosaint Training / On Site
10th February 2020
Successful candidates will receive a Certificate on attendance valid for 3 years.
Tea, Coffee & Light refreshments provided