Each year, approximately 1 in 4 people in the UK will experience a mental health condition, and at least 1 in 6 employees experience common mental health problems in the workplace.
This two day Supervising First Aid for Mental Health course goes into detail on a wide range of mental health conditions, and the support and help available from healthcare professionals. It covers the content of both the Level 1 and Level 2 First Aid for Mental Health qualifications but is aimed at supervisor level, and higher, within the workplace.
A range of First Aid for Mental Health related subjects are covered including:
- What is First Aid for Mental Health?
- Identifying mental health conditions
- Providing advice and starting a conversation
- Mental health conditions, including: Personality disorders, bipolar disorder, psychosis, schizophrenia, post-traumatic stress disorder, self-harm, suicide, eating disorders, depression, and anxiety
- Drugs and alcohol
- First Aid for Mental Health Action Plan
- First Aid for Mental Health in the workplace
This course will be assessed with two written assessment papers and practical demonstration of the First Aid Action Plan for Mental Health. A Level 3 Award in Supervising First Aid for Mental Health will be issued to the learner, subject to successful assessment. This qualification is valid for three years from the date of achievement and the learner will need to complete the full course again to requalify for a further three years.
‘Extremely rewarding experience and it gave me much greater understanding of the subject matter. It’s one of those practical and applicable life skills that will be of benefit not only in the workplace but in all facets of life. It will be of great help to my mentoring role as a senior staff member. C Wing, H&S Manager, Glanbia
Despite the serious issues covered within the training, I have to say the trainer was superb. I already know that the course will be extremely helpful to me in my role. S Rocks, Manager, Fareshare