‘Working alone is not in itself against the law and it will often be safe to do so. However, the law requires employers to consider carefully, and then deal with, any health and safety risks for people working alone (HSE)’
This one day bespoke Lone Worker & Personal Safety course is designed to raise awareness of the risks staff may face whilst working alone, and by the end of the course, delegates will have a greater understanding of potential risks and feel more confident in managing their personal safety and conflict situations.
This practical interactive course follows HSE guidance and is aimed at all employees who have to work alone, particularly those who have to visit customers or service users in their own homes.
• Lone working – the law and the responsibilities of both employer and employee
• Risk assessment – identifying and assessing risk related to all aspects of lone working
• Tracing systems – ensuring staff are traceable and procedures are put in place in case of emergency
• Travelling safely – practical tips for relevant modes of transport
• Home visits – best practice for safety while conducting home visits
• Understanding aggression – practical techniques to manage aggressive situations
• Managing Conflict – understanding the impact of body language, words and phrases when managing conflict
• Reporting – the importance of reporting incidents and near misses
• Post incident support – reporting and the responsibility of employer and employee.