[ FULL DAY ]
‘The investigation and analysis of work-related accidents and incidents, forms an essential part of managing health and safety’ (HSE)
Workplace incidents do happen and their costs can be substantial. Conducting investigations can identify the causes and will help to prevent recurrences. Productive workplace investigations identify the causal factors of an accident and make recommendations for corrective action by determining what happened, how it happened, and why it happened.
This one day programme is aimed at line managers, supervisors, safety representatives – and anyone with the responsibility for investigating incidents in the workplace. It will give candidates a broad understanding of the investigation process, looking at the benefits of accident prevention and putting the emphasis on practical training exercises and real-life case studies. The course also contains techniques which can be integrated into a company’s procedures, and skills learned will consequently contribute towards making investigation more organized and consistent.
- Legal requirements for documenting and reporting incidents
- Why we need to investigate incidents
- Principles of incident investigation
- Benefits of accident prevention
- Basic concepts of human factors
- Incident reporting and scope of investigation
- Incident investigation techniques
- Stages of accident investigation
- Practical exercises and case study.
Candidates will receive a Certificate of Achievement on completion.
Tea, coffee, & refreshments provided.
25th January 2023