Abrasive Wheels – Fixed & Portable
[ FULL DAY ]
This Abrasive Wheels training course is designed for delegates who need to set up and use both fixed and portable grinding machines.
The course will provide candidates with all of the necessary information and training required to ensure the correct selection, mounting, maintenance and use of abrasive and cutting wheels/discs on fixed or portable machines. On completion of this training course, candidates should have a robust understanding of the types of abrasive wheels and discs in their workplace and the techniques required to inspect, maintain, and replace abrasive wheels/discs.
- What is an abrasive wheel?
- Legislation and guidance.
- Common hazards including mechanical hazards (contact, breakage, ejection and entanglement) and non-mechanical hazards (vibration, noise, dust, and electricity).
- Correct selection, handling, labelling and operating speeds.
- Restrictions on use.
- Mounting a wheel, both new and used.
- Correct handling and storage.
- Safe use of abrasive wheels.
- Use of personal protective equipment (PPE) and respiratory protective equipment (RPE).
Assessment is through individual and group exercises and an end-of-course multiple-choice test.
Cosaint Training / On-Site
Each trainee will receive a certificate of attendance on completion. This course is CITB approved for grant aid to levy payers.
Tea, coffee & refreshments provided.
Contact us for upcoming course dates