Abrasive Wheels – Portable
[ HALF DAY ]
This half day Portable Abrasive Wheels training course has been designed to help those who use portable abrasive wheels to understand the hazards that they pose and how to reduce the risks.
It is estimated that over half of accidents in the workplace occur due to unsafe working practices, so it is essential that equipment operators understand how to work safely and implement appropriate control measures. This course will provide you with an introduction to portable abrasive wheel safety so that you can assess the risks and prevent yourself and others from coming to harm.
- What is an abrasive wheel?
- Legislation and guidance applicable to abrasive wheels.
- Common hazards including mechanical hazards (contact, breakage, ejection and entanglement) and non-mechanical hazards (vibration, noise, dust, and electricity).
- Correct selection, handling, labelling and operating speeds.
- Restrictions on use.
- Mounting a wheel, both new and used.
- Correct handling and storage.
- Safe use of abrasive wheels.
- Use of personal protective equipment (PPE) and respiratory protective equipment (RPE).
Assessment is through individual and group exercises and an end-of-course multiple-choice test.
Cosaint Training / On-Site
Each trainee will receive a certificate of attendance on completion. This course is CITB approved for grant aid to levy payers.
Tea, coffee & refreshments provided.
Contact us for upcoming course dates