Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) Assessor
[ ONE DAY ]
This COSHH Assessor course equips participants with the knowledge and skills to gather the necessary information and effectively carry out COSHH assessments in the workplace. The course is a mix of theory and practical elements, during which course participants are required to demonstrate their level of knowledge and understanding of the training programme content. Participants will learn specific techniques that should be used when assessing the use of substances, reporting their findings, and of any further action required to be taken.
By the end of this course, participants will:
- Be conversant with relevant statutory obligations, including the COSHH regulations.
- Be able to identify COSHH materials and possible routes of contamination.
- Be aware of the effects of contamination from COSHH materials.
- Be aware of the control measures required to mitigate or eliminate the risks from hazardous materials.
- Be aware of the requirements for monitoring and health surveillance.
- Be able to gather information in preparation for the assessment.
- Be able to collate information gathered and complete samples of the relevant documentation.
- Be able to make decisions based on the findings and put controls in place.
Assessment is through individual and group exercises and an end-of-course multiple-choice test.
Cosaint Training / On Site
This course is CITB approved for grant aid to levy payers and each trainee will receive a certificate of attendance on completion.
Please contact for details
Tea, Coffee, light refreshments and lunch provided